Evil Dead: The Game Got a new update this week, and in a refreshingly quick change, Saber Interactive has already stamped out an annoying exploit that players have been talking about since launch. The exploit in question was the function of canceling animation, a technique that is not typical Evil Dead: The Game Either way but one that was particularly disappointing to play against the game's combat parameters. The same update has brought in several other changes and should now be available on all platforms.
Canceling animation, for those not familiar with the strategy, involves pressing one input and then pressing another immediately after the first has achieved the desired effect. In Evil Dead: The Game, which translates to using a melee attack as a human and then immediately using the assigned input to target the sights of a firearm. Doing so stops the melee attack animation right after damage is recorded and allows players to use another melee attack immediately.
If that still sounds a bit vague, the video below from Twitter user Auralnauts illustrates the issue quite well. By using animation cancellation, an opposing player was able to stun and defeat the demon with rapid attacks before the demon had a chance to react.
Oho @EvilDeadTheGame I hear you're not sure what to do about canceling the animation, but in the meantime, what should its counter look like? https://t.co/q1LtrpKZ7H23 May 2022
Used in other games such as MOBAs, animation cancellation is seen more as a high-level mechanic because, in games like this, it allows your player to rapidly move forward following an input. When it comes to situations such as Evil Dead: The Game Where canceling animation increases damage output, however, players took issue with it. This was not only an exploit for human players with monsters also being able to use the move, but it was particularly oppressive when used by the former.
It is a welcome sight to see that Saber Interactive responded so quickly to the issue. you can see full patch notes With the developer officially defining this as an exploit for the update below and saying that it has been removed.
Sustainability / Quality of Life
- Implemented various improvements to combat fraud such as speed hacks, health regeneration, fake nicknames and changing character models. A big anti-cheat update is also coming soon in another update.
- Addressed an exploit where players can cancel animations to take action faster than intended
- better server stability
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Mission 5. Fixed crash after turning off pause menu on objective in "Find a way out of the pit"
- Fixed loss of input bug when a nearby unit dies
- Updated balance in Cheryl's healing properties
- Updated balance in Evil Dead 1 Ash's healing properties
- Adjusted value for Amanda's Weapon Master: Pistol Skill
- Fixed an issue that caused loss of input when survivors attempted to take over a near demon, an exhaust vehicle, or a full stack of items
- Resolved a problem that caused a survivor to become immortal upon death or using a healing item in a storm
- Fixed an issue where Survivors could do 1M damage to Demons and Dead people
- Fixed PlayStation 4 Trophies not syncing
You should not put your faith in the information provided by this publication or website. What if it is a fake?
Reference from comicbook.com