Los Angeles was the location for the 74th edition of the Emmy Awards, the American awards for excellence in the tv business. According to specialists in the subject, it was a distributed supply ceremony devoid of surprises, thinking about that they noticed all those who the the greater part foreshadowed as exceptional consider the stage. In that context, succession -which led the nominations with 25 asterisks- took the major prize, the a single for very best dramatic series: it prevailed about The Squid Matchwhich failed to make heritage as the initially non-English-speaking creation to impose circumstances.
Oprah Winfrey, Selena Gomez, pete davidson Y Gael Garcia Bernal were being some of the celebrities who shared the stage with the presenter (the actor and comic kenan thompson) to announce the winners. But none obtained more applause than selma blairwho suffers from multiple sclerosis and offered the most transcendental award of the working day (Succession).
The series, which tells of the relentless wrestle amongst the heirs of a media mogul to acquire handle of his empire, premiered in 2018 and had currently won very best drama series in 2020. But it was not the only conquest: the collection also took two some others, the very best script for a spectacular sequence and the greatest supporting actor of the very same style.
The activity of Squid, with a bittersweet flavor
The bloody Netflix drama established in South Korea and in which protagonists who have financial complications take part in a life and demise opposition, did not make history as a sequence. But a person of its protagonists, Lee Jung Jaehe turned the first Asian to win the award for Very best Direct Actor in a Drama Collection.
A different one that will remain immortalized in the memory is zendayawho grew to become the very first African-American to acquire an Emmy for Remarkable Guide Actress in a Drama Sequence 2 times (she also received it in 2020) and the youngest to get two Emmys for her performances.
All the winners of the evening
- Finest Drama Collection: Succession (HBO)
- Very best comedy series: Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)
- Very best miniseries: The White Lotus (HBO)
- Best Direct Actress in a Drama Series: Zendaya (Euphoria)
- Most effective Direct Actor in a Drama Collection: Lee Jung-jae (“The Squid Video game”, Squid Activity)
- Ideal Lead Actor in a Comedy Collection: Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)
- Greatest Lead Actress in a Comedy Collection: Jean Smart (Hacks)
- Ideal Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Motion picture Manufactured for Tv: Michael Keaton (Dopesick)
- Exceptional Guide Actress in a Miniseries or Film Designed for Television: Amanda Seyfried (The Dropout)
- Ideal Supporting Actor in a Drama Sequence: Matthew Macfadyen (Succession)
- Very best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Julia Garner (Ozark)
- Most effective Supporting Actress in a Comedy Sequence: Sheryl Lee Ralph (Abbott Elementary)
- Most effective Supporting Actor in a Comedy Collection: Brett Goldstein (Ted Lasso)
- Finest Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie Built for Television: Jennifer Coolidge (The White Lotus)
- Very best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Motion picture Built for Television: Murray Bartlett (The White Lotus)
- Greatest Directing for a Drama Series: Hwang Dong-hyuk (“The Squid Activity”, Squid Recreation)
- Greatest Directing for a Comedy Collection: MJ Delaney (Ted Lasso)
- Most effective Directing for a Miniseries or Motion picture Produced for Television: Mike White (The White Lotus)
- Best Creating Drama Sequence: Jesse Armstrong (Succession)
- Best Script for a Comedy Sequence: Fifth Brunson (Abbott Elementary)
- Ideal Producing for a Miniseries or Movie Created for Tv: Mike White (The White Lotus)
- Ideal Wide range Exhibit: Previous Week Tonight With John Oliver
- Best Sketch Variety Display: Saturday Night Stay (NBC)
- Best Level of competition/Reality Present: Lizzo’s Enjoy Out for the Major Grrrls
- Best Writing for a Range Particular Application: Jerrod Carmichael (Jerrod Carmichael:Rothaniel)
Reference from www.mundodeportivo.com